Sweet and spicy and oh so delicious!
Derek Wolf from Over The Fire Grilling created this sweet and spicy recipe that brings together the irresistible flavors of Sriracha and honey for a fan favorite, finger lickin’ dish!
Honey Sriracha Brine Ingredients:
• 1/4 cup kosher salt
• 1/4 cup Sriracha
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon black peppercorn
• 2 bay leaves
• 4 minced garlic cloves
• 4 cups of water
Pork Chop Ingredients:
• 4-5 pork chops
• Honey Sriracha Brine (See above)
• 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
• 2 tablespoons Kosher Salt
• 2 tablespoons Black Pepper
• (Optional) 1 tablespoon honey
• (Optional) 1 tablespoon Sriracha
• In a pot, mix all ingredients for the Honey Sriracha Brine (see above)
• Bring brine to a boil, then stir and let sit for 15-20 mins
• Place brine in container or bag and let rest inside refrigerator for 24 hours
• Pull brine out of fridge and place unseasoned pork chops into the brine for an additional 1-2 hours
• Pull pork chops out of brine, discard brine, and season pork chops with olive oil, salt, and pepper
• Light the Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in a charcoal chimney or mound inside your grill and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Once coals are ready, place pork chops on grill and cook for 4-5 mins per side
• Take pork chops off grill and let rest for 3-4 minutes
• Drizzle honey and Sriracha on top for added flavor!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.
Cowboy® 100% All Natural Hickory Wood Chips add a smoky flavor to your grilled foods. The hearty aroma and full flavor of hickory wood gives meat an unmistakable woodsy taste. This flavor goes well with any meat, but pairs particularly well with beef, pork and chicken. Like all Cowboy® Wood Chips, these hickory wood chips burn more quickly than chunks, making them perfect for shorter cook times.