Elevate your hot dog game with grilled peppers, onions and topped with bacon and cheddar cheese.
A great combination of flavors to bring your hot dogs to life on the grill!
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 25 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
• 1/2 pound sliced bacon
• 1 small red pepper, diced
• 1 small yellow pepper, diced
• 1 small white onion, diced
• 4 hot dog links
• 4 hot dog buns
• 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 4 tablespoons Cowboy® Prairie BBQ sauce
• 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Place bacon strips on sheet of aluminum foil and place on grill over direct heat
• Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping once
• Remove bacon from grill, chop evenly into smaller bits and set aside for later use
• Place olive oil in a large skillet on the grill over direct heat and add onion and peppers, cooking until tender
• Remove onion and peppers from heat and set aside for later use
• Using a knife, cut small slashes in each hot dog
• Place hot dogs on grill, perpendicular to the grill grate
• Allow hot dogs to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally until grill markers appear on all sides
• If you prefer a toasted bun, place on grill until lightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes
• Place a cooked hot dog in each bun and top with bacon, peppers, onion, mustard, Cowboy® Prairie BBQ Sauce, and cheese
• Serve and enjoy!
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.