Elevate your hot dog game with grilled peppers, onions and topped with bacon and cheddar cheese.
A great combination of flavors to bring your hot dogs to life on the grill!
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 25 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
• 1/2 pound sliced bacon
• 1 small red pepper, diced
• 1 small yellow pepper, diced
• 1 small white onion, diced
• 4 hot dog links
• 4 hot dog buns
• 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 4 tablespoons Cowboy® Prairie BBQ sauce
• 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Place bacon strips on sheet of aluminum foil and place on grill over direct heat
• Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping once
• Remove bacon from grill, chop evenly into smaller bits and set aside for later use
• Place olive oil in a large skillet on the grill over direct heat and add onion and peppers, cooking until tender
• Remove onion and peppers from heat and set aside for later use
• Using a knife, cut small slashes in each hot dog
• Place hot dogs on grill, perpendicular to the grill grate
• Allow hot dogs to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally until grill markers appear on all sides
• If you prefer a toasted bun, place on grill until lightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes
• Place a cooked hot dog in each bun and top with bacon, peppers, onion, mustard, Cowboy® Prairie BBQ Sauce, and cheese
• Serve and enjoy!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!