A citrusy take on game day wings.
Try out these Tequila Lime Wings from Derek Wolf at Over the Fire Cooking
Yield: 1-2 servings
Cook: 1 hour
Prep: 25 minutes
• 1 pound Wingettes
• 1/4 cup of tequila
• 2 tablespoons agave nectar
• 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
• 1 tablespoon chili flakes
• 1 tablespoon cumin
• 2 fresh limes, juiced
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• In a plastic bag, mix tequila, agave nectar, ancho chili powder, chili flakes, cumin, salt, pepper and lime juice. Add wings to bag and mix thoroughly. Place in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
• Using some Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal, light fire and let burn for 15-20 minutes. Add 3-4 pieces of apple wood to the top of the fire every 30 minutes for added flavor.
• When grills reach medium heat, rake coals to one side of grilling area and place wings on opposite side. (Optional) Do not throw away tequila lime brine.
• Grill wings for 20-25 minutes flipping around the 10-12 minute mark. Wings are ready when internal temperature is at 165F.
• (Optional) In a separate pan, pour in tequila lime brine and let simmer over fire for 10 minutes. Toss wings in brine, serve & enjoy!