Please the crowd with smoky, spicy steak tacos.
Skirt steak sits in a delicious marinade before hitting the grill, getting sliced into juicy strips and made into fresh tacos topped with lettuce, salsa and avocado.
Prep: 45 mins
• 1 pound skirt steak
• 1 medium jalapeño, thinly sliced
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
• 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 8 (8-inch) corn tortillas
• 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• 1 cup tomatillo salsa
• 1 cup lettuce, shredded
• 1 cup Cowboy Hickory Wood Chunks
• In a small mixing bowl, combine jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, oil, salt, pepper, and cumin
• Place steak in a re-sealable bag and pour in marinade
• Seal bag, and allow steak to marinate for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before grilling
• Light Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area while placing a handful of Cowboy® Hickory Wood Chunks on top
• Once the coals have ashed over, remove steak from marinade and place over direct heat on the grill grate
• Cover grill and allow steak to cook 5-6 minutes per side, flipping once while cooking
• Remove from grill and let rest for 3 minutes
• Transfer steak to cutting board and cut into 1-inch strips
• To assemble tacos, place sliced steak on each tortilla and top with salsa, avocado, sour cream, cilantro and lettuce
• Serve and enjoy!
Cowboy® 100% All Natural Hickory Wood Chips add a smoky flavor to your grilled foods. The hearty aroma and full flavor of hickory wood gives meat an unmistakable woodsy taste. This flavor goes well with any meat, but pairs particularly well with beef, pork and chicken. Like all Cowboy® Wood Chips, these hickory wood chips burn more quickly than chunks, making them perfect for shorter cook times.
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.
Cowboy® 100% All Natural Hickory Wood Chunks add a smoky flavor to your grilled foods. The hearty aroma and full flavor of hickory wood gives meat an unmistakable woodsy taste. This flavor goes well with any meat, but pairs particularly well with beef, pork and chicken. These hickory wood chunks are larger than chips, making it easy to maintain a steady long-term smoke source.