A delicious grilled version of eggs benedict.
Add smoky flavor to your breakfast with Cowboy’s grilled version of eggs benedict including grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon.
Yields: 4 servings
Cook: 35 minutes
Prep: 25 minutes
• 16 slices of bacon
• 16 thin spears of asparagus, trimmed to about 5” to 6” long
• 8 slices French bread
• 2 large egg yolks
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 tablespoons Cowboy® Brand Smokehouse BBQ sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 2 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 8 large eggs
• 8 ounces cream cheese
• Light Cowboy® Hardwood Lump Charcoal in charcoal chimney and let burn for 10-15 minutes
• Spread hot coals over grilling area and preheat grill for approximately 10 minutes
• Wrap one slice of bacon around each asparagus spear
• Transfer bacon wrapped asparagus into a pie tin and place on grill over direct heat
• Cook for 10-15 minutes, flipping once
• Remove bacon wrapped asparagus from grill and set aside for later use
• For Hollandaise sauce, add egg yolks and lemon juice to blender
• Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add to blender
• Add the BBQ sauce, mustard, and cumin to the blender and mix for 30 seconds
• Season sauce with salt and pepper to taste
• Fill medium size saucepan with 2” of water and bring to a boil over high heat
• Add salt to water and reduce heat to medium
• Crack eggs and carefully add to water, letting them sit for 3 to 4 minutes or until poached
• While eggs cook, place slices of bread on the grill over direct heat and cook for one minute, flipping once
• Remove from grill and spread each slice with cream cheese
• To serve, top each slice of bread with two pieces of grilled asparagus, one egg and drizzle with Hollandaise
• Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!
Cowboy Hardwood Lump Charcoal lights quickly and burns long. It’s a favorite for barbecue fans because of the authentic smoky flavor it gives to your meals.
Cowboy All Natural Range Style Hardwood Briquets provide long-lasting, even heat while adding the authentic, smoky flavor of hardwood. They are all natural – no fillers, chemicals, or additives. Other standard briquets contain “coal and chemical” ingredients, as well as fillers like limestone. Discover the natural difference of Cowboy All Natural Hardwood Briquets!
Cowboy smoking chips add a delicate, smoky flavor to your grilled foods. The cups contain pre-measured chips that burn more quickly than chunks, so they’re perfect for shorter barbecue cook times.